Microsoft has just released its latest PC operating system called Windows 7. Apple announced that it will support Microsoft Windows 7 (Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate) with Boot Camp in Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) before the end of the year. This support will require a software update to Boot Camp.
In addition to the Boot Camp update, you will need the following:
• An authentic copy of Microsoft Windows 7 or Microsoft Windows 7 upgrade
• An Intel-based Mac computer
The following Macs will not support Windows 7 using Boot Camp:
• iMac (17-inch, Early 2006)
• iMac (17-inch, Late 2006)
• iMac (20-inch, Early 2006)
• iMac (20-inch, Late 2006)
• MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2006)
• MacBook Pro (17-inch, Late 2006)
• MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2006)
• MacBook Pro (17-inch, Early 2006)
• Mac Pro (Mid 2006, Intel Xeon Dual-core 2.66GHz or 3GHz)
To assist in migrating to Windows 7, Laplink Software offers a program called PCmover Windows 7 Upgrade Assistant.