Over the years, I’ve used and recommended a number of backup programs for Mac and Windows users. I recently began to use Carbon Copy Cloner 3.1 as my primary backup tool for my main computer, configuring the program to schedule nightly backups. After doing so, I noticed that it was taking increasingly longer to surf the web using Safari or Firefox or send and receive emails using Mail.app. Moreover, I noticed that my free disk space was rapidly shrinking, while my console log was being filled with messages indicating that OS X was using a non-mach version of client -> server communication.
I did a Google search and found that other CCC users had reported the same error on the developer’s website and that it was being caused by the Backup Task Scheduler. I deleted the scheduled task and the log messages disappeared.